Full Stack Developer
Openforce is an industry leader in enterprise software as a service (SaaS) with offices located in Phoenix and Chandler. Passion, excellence, respect, accountability and having fun are just the beginning, we believe that our culture is at the core part of what makes us successful. We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
You will build data solutions and distributed services for processing billions of dollars in settlements for independent contractors. Working directly on new product features, improving the quality of our software and scaling our infrastructure. Above all you will impact the way the world defines working without limits.
You’ll need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including communication, in order to best understand the challenges of your stakeholders. You will be a forward-thinking, with a service and growth mindset. You will be great verbal and written communicator, a tactful diplomat, strong analyst and thorough problem solver.
You don’t fear accountability. You are willing to break stuff in order to go fast, but have the commitment to see things through for the best result. You embody the hacker ethos, enjoying the challenge of overcoming the seemingly impossible. You have fun solving problems and a desire to be the best at what you do.
What you will do
- You will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that support billions of dollars in settlements
- You will leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- You will help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data and systems quality
- You will build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines and APIs
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will work on a cross functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
Who you are
- You have 5 or more years professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- You have at least 5 years proven experience in building web/data driven applications using a modern web stack (Elixir / Ruby on Rails / .NET)
- You have above average skills in SQL
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access and data storage techniques
- You know how to write clean APIs in a micro services architecture
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- You know how to write modern, testable and maintainable code
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You have experience with solving challenges across technologies
- You have experience deploying and managing Amazon Web Services
- You have the ability to build sound relationships and clearly communicate expectations with team members and management
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You are able to occasionally sit, stand, crawl, and lift equipment up to 10 pounds
- You are adaptable and resourceful and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You want to be actively involved in the local development ecosystem sharing and learning with others
- You have experience working in an agile environment, and are comfortable pushing teams to improve their ways of working
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams
- You believe that people should be able to work without limits
Ideally you have a strong .NET background and are looking for a challenge in learning new technologies and stacks or you have strong Elixir/Ruby background wanting to help build the future infrastructure for product in a growing marketing leader.